Are you working with a native AMP website or a website with AMP pages, but you need to integrate the Facebook Pixel? To top it all off, you’re also using Google Tag Manager (because it’s awesome). How to go about this?
Well, I’m here to help. While this implementation is not documented very well, it’s actually very simple!
So, the standard Pixel tracking code is not going to work.
Be sure to change the “id” number to your Pixel ID number.
How to Add the Pixel in Google Tag Manager
- Login to your Google Tag Manager Account
- Click on your AMP container (if you don’t already have an AMP-specific container, you will need to create one for your AMP pages separate from your normal container)
- Click on Tags
- Add a new tag and call it “Facebook Pixel”
- Choose the Custom Image tag configuration
- Enter your Image URL in the format from above, using your own ID.
- Save and publish your container changes.
Let me know in the comments below. Thanks.
Blogger, expert WordPress developer, and developer of the awesome bbPress Voting plugin which is a must-have plugin for any bbPress forum.
Download bbPress Voting for free on the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Can you please share some more details on exactly how to set up Facebook tracking pixel for AMP? I do have queries regarding the Facebook, Linkedin, Google Ads campaign for AMP pages.
Hi Betu, what is your question that wasn’t already answered in this post?
Please give me some details about the image url and where to find it.